New Concrete Shelters
If your project requires unique specifications or difficult time lines,
Lattice Communications manufactures our own line of
new concrete shelters to meet your projects demanding needs.
Comprehensive Telecommunications Services
Need control over your project from start to finish with one point of contact? Lattice has the unique ability to support you through: product guarantees, hassle free and on-time delivery by our in-house logistics department specializing in heavy haul and turnkey construction with experienced construction teams for installations across the U.S.
Contact us for a quote today:
Custom Engineering and Manufacturing Telecom Shelters
At Lattice, we don’t simply modify existing structures to accommodate typical telecom shelter specifications. Instead, we accommodate even the most demanding shelter construction project by manufacturing custom concrete shelters to your precise specifications. Our engineers work with your specific requirements and limitations to develop the architectural plan. This allows for the ability to not only fabricate structures in custom sizes unavailable elsewhere, but also to engineer all telecommunication shelter elements to your precise needs.
Concrete Communication Shelter Features and Specifications
While our concrete shelters are all custom manufactured to specifications, all new communication shelters include several standard features and adhere to Lattice’s high quality requirements.
Features of Concrete Shelters:
- Built to withstand hurricanes, our concrete telecom shelters resist flying debris in extreme weather conditions as well as 150 MPH maintained winds.
- Solid core yet light weight, 5,000 PSI concrete wall construction holds up to 30:06 caliber bullets fired at point blank range.
- Concrete shelter walls are impervious to all boring insects, thereby preventing infestations without the need of preventative treatment by extermination companies.
- Concrete naturally resists the growth of hazardous molds damaging mildew.
- Energy efficient concrete shelters help maintain thermal consistency during brief fluctuations in weather conditions.
- Construction using strong bolts and metal welds, rather than nails and screws, ensure superior structural integrity under physical stress.
Standard Minimum Specifications:
Our custom concrete telecommunication shelters are built for strength in order to withstand impact and extreme weather in the harshest of conditions. Constructed of high-grade reinforced concrete, our communication shelters’ minimum load bearing provide nearly unsurpassed strength.
- Step joint design for 200 PSF floor loading
- ¼” per foot slope for 150 PSF roof loading to the eaves
- Steel rebar in walls for 150 MPH wind loading
Concrete Shelter Construction Requirements:
- Concrete is lightweight, yet provides a minimum compressive strength of 5000 PSI at 28 days.
- New concrete shelters conform to ACI-318 building codes, including meeting requirements specific to reinforced concrete and coverage of concrete over steel reinforcements.
- All rebar comprised of steel and tied at the ends or welded together
- Reinforcing bars are billet steel conforming to ASTM A-615 grade 60 specifications.
Communication Shelter Materials:
- Walls and roof: insulated with foil-faced rigid board
- Ceiling and interior walls: white embossed FRP laminated
- Flooring: commercial-grade tile
- Doors: Primed and painted 16-gauge galvanized steel door on 14-gauge steel frame
- Molding: Vinyl cove base molding
Shelter Wall and Roof Sealant Applications:
All concrete shelter walls and roof materials are sealed for treated for optimal protection. All joints, both outside and inside, are treated with a urethane sealant and a penetrating sealant is sprayed on all exterior walls. To protect the roof, the exterior material is troweled, treated with a broom finish and a final application of elastometric coating.
Warranties for Added Telecom Shelter Protection
Manufactured with the highest quality materials, our concrete shelters will last for decades. To provide added assurances that your communication shelter will remain in peak condition, Lattice also offers custom product warranties. Speak with a Lattice representative for details.